-->
My Own Private Kentucky
The musings, diatribes and outtakes from my life in Louisville, KY and Redwood City, CA. This is my third attempt at blogging; an attempt to keep in touch with friends around the world and a showcase for my burgeoning photographic skills. I take thousands of photos and show 10% of them. Like any treasure hunt, you search through tons of dirt before you find a jewel- tell me when you find one. And yes, that is Louisville above; a city of uniqueness in both architecture and persons.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Global Warming, Global Spamming!


Global warming exists! In fact it has occurred many, many times over this planet's long history.
Global cooling exists. It has also occurred many, many times over this planet's long history.
In fact with a frequency of about every 100,000 years in the last few millenia.
Do humans impact global warming? I am sure they do. In fact, a fly buzzing in the same room as you will impact your mood, your next movement... but does a fly control your mood, your next movement, that has yet to be seen.

I just read another story about global warming. Well, I read the first few lines and wanted to throw up. Another report by the "Nobel Prize" winning team, they give those away like chocolates at Halloween now adays, says that greenhouse gas emissions will rise by ,get this, hold, check the accuracy, of close to 25% - 90%. HOLY SHIT! that must be worse than them rising from 0 -100%. Those guys are giving us their A game. I wish I could tell a patient that their chance of surviving disease A is 0-100% if they try this drug and get away with it. Maybe get a write up in the New England Journal or the Lancet for my award winning research.

I am sure global emissions will rise. They will rise no matter what industrialized nations do to limit them, since we have those nasty third world countries trying to get to second or first. Maybe to control emissions, we should just say with the status quo since that is the mantra of ALL environmental groups. We like the earth as is!! NO CHANGES. Never mind that it has only been this way for what 50,000 years out of 4.5 billion years.

All poor people, stay poor, all rich people complain about what you did to become rich.

Let us put green house gases into perspective. Let us say our atmosphere is like a football field. All the way to the 80 yard line is nitrogen, then we get to the 1/2 yard line with oxygen, then on to the chalk line with argon and such. What about greenhouse emissions you say? Look at the last 2 inches of the chalk line, can't see it? well that is it. Like a fly in a 20x20 ft room.

Now don't get me wrong. I believe we should limit what we put into this world, but not because someone has replaced the fear of the cold war with the fear of the warm war.

This world is not static, never has been. But our global spammers are taking a page from Piccard's book, Make it so Number 1.

The report has so many problems, this is only the first. I write academic papers for a living and let me tell you this, it is hard to get 5 people in the same field to agree to the wording, let alone 2,500 people across multiple fields with some beaurocrats mixed in. The first rule of thumb in any academic paper is not to start a panic or overstate your inferences without solid data to back you up. One data point out of line will weaken your inferences, wreck your conclusions. I guess that rule is ignored for Nobel prize winning spammers.

Note: I used to believe in Global warming, well I still do, but not for the same reasons any more. Global warming gave us this world as did Global cooling.

Beware what you see in the media, cherry picking has become the norm in environmental science (since none of their models really work). No longer do we have yellow journalism, red is the rage!

0 comments: