-->
My Own Private Kentucky
The musings, diatribes and outtakes from my life in Louisville, KY and Redwood City, CA. This is my third attempt at blogging; an attempt to keep in touch with friends around the world and a showcase for my burgeoning photographic skills. I take thousands of photos and show 10% of them. Like any treasure hunt, you search through tons of dirt before you find a jewel- tell me when you find one. And yes, that is Louisville above; a city of uniqueness in both architecture and persons.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Beowolf 2007


We went and saw Beowolf last night. The movie isn't that bad. The story line is old; the acting is decent. But there are some caveats.
1. You must see it in 3-D only.
2. You must see it in IMAX as well.

We saw it in 3-D only. While it was fun to see a 3-D movie, some of the scenes and thus the 3-D effects were cut off by the smaller screen. Everyone says the dragon scene at the end is worth the entire movie. While it was good, it in no way dominated the movie enough to be worth the $14 per person to see this movie.


Overall, I recommend it since it is the first in what looks to be the new in movie genre of this early century, 3-D. Many previews before the movie; 1/2 in 2-D; then a second half in 3-D.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it is about this film but I have no desire to see it at all. I'm sure it's just one of those action movies that are all visual effects and no substance. My thoughts.