-->
My Own Private Kentucky
The musings, diatribes and outtakes from my life in Louisville, KY and Redwood City, CA. This is my third attempt at blogging; an attempt to keep in touch with friends around the world and a showcase for my burgeoning photographic skills. I take thousands of photos and show 10% of them. Like any treasure hunt, you search through tons of dirt before you find a jewel- tell me when you find one. And yes, that is Louisville above; a city of uniqueness in both architecture and persons.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

San Francisco



I just got back from a long weekend trip to San Francisco. My other half just moved out there for work. But don't worry, he is still in Louisville at least 2 weeks a month. Just reverses the commute as he says. Anyway, the city was great. The weather was great. The food was great. The neighborhood was great. [That is a given since somebody always wants to walk everywhere we go.]

It was such a surprise to see thin people everywhere. I didn't think they existed outside of the gay culture in the US. But then again, in San Francisco, who is not gay? I am so used to looking over the horizon at a herd of something- be it cows or people.

and the best thing, I get to be back with my beloved sea. We spent Saturday on the coast just walking around- can't get in the water due to the cast :) I look forward to spending many a weekend sitting on the beach watching the sun set.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, San Francisco is by far my favourite city in the U.S. I fell in love with SF reading "Tales of the City" a few years back. I even tried to find Burbary Lane on my first trip. I was half-expecting to see Mouse and Marianne stroll down a street. Regardless, I'm glad you had a great weekend on the Coast.