-->
My Own Private Kentucky
The musings, diatribes and outtakes from my life in Louisville, KY and Redwood City, CA. This is my third attempt at blogging; an attempt to keep in touch with friends around the world and a showcase for my burgeoning photographic skills. I take thousands of photos and show 10% of them. Like any treasure hunt, you search through tons of dirt before you find a jewel- tell me when you find one. And yes, that is Louisville above; a city of uniqueness in both architecture and persons.

Monday, October 22, 2007

My Broken Hand



My hand is broken. Really, it has been broken for 2 months from when I fell while rock climbing in the Badlands in South Dakota. The x-rays kept coming back negative (wrong views). I finally got a second opinion from the Hand Surgeon in my department and lo and behold, my hamate bone is completely broken. This time we used a CT scan.
My arm is in a cast, but I will probably have surgery to remove the bone completely in 6 weeks. Casts rarely work with this break. But as my surgeon said " I waited 2 months, I can wait 6 more weeks!"

I haven't been in the gym for 2 months due to my hand hurting- now at least I can say that it wasn't all in my head. Now I just need to come up with a new workout that doesn't work the hand and works that extra 10 I gained over the
past two months off.


.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I hope you didn't brake your "sexy time" hand, what a bummer!! I'm lame, I know.